Teaching and learning, Extension
Teaching and Learning – Extension is open to teachers and staff with teaching assignments at Lund University. The course is based on the framework for qualifications provided by the Association of Swedish Higher Education (SUHF). It equals one week of fulltime work, i.e. 40 hours, corresponding to one and a half higher education credits.
Teaching and Learning - Extension is a project course that requires completion of the introductory Teaching and Learning in Higher Education course.
The course is comprised by an individual project including planning, reading, executing the project, followed by the writing of a reflective report in English or a Scandinavian language.
The course aims to give the participant the opportunity to develop as an academic teacher in a Swedish higher education context. In order to pass the course, the participant should, in writing, have demonstrated the ability to
- reflect upon and problematise student learning in the context of a higher education teaching and learning activity, using relevant theories and research
- discuss experiences from education and teaching using well-grounded arguments
The course is comprised of individual work on a pedagogical project. The participant chooses one of the following assignments:
- An auscultation
- An investigation into student learning
- Implementation and evaluation of a teaching and learning activity
- Arranging a seminar on teaching and learning
In order to receive a course certificate, the report must be assessed and passed. In the event that a course participant does not complete the project within specified time limits, all course components must be submitted within three years of commencement in order for a course certificate to be issued.
The course starts February 5 and ends April 25, 2024.
Deadline for the assignment: April 26