Digitalization of education - what is it all about
(May 28, 2021)
The seminar series kicked off with a broad session to open up for a variety of question related to the digitalization of education, for example:
- What does digitalization of education promise?
- If digitalization of education is the solution, then what is the problem?
- Ethical aspects of digitalization of education
- How does digitalization of education change the way we teach and learn?
- The role of digitalization of education in the overall societal development
- Can we learn something/anything from the pandemic crisis? Is this the “new normal”?
- Who benefits from the digitalization of education?
- What (f)actors drive the digitalization of education?
The seminar was introduced by two keynote speakers: Neil Selwyn, Monash University, Australia (https://research.monash.edu/en/persons/neil-selwyn) and Lina Rahm, The Posthumanities Hub, KTH, Sweden (https://posthumanitieshub.net/lina-rahm-kth/). Neil Selwyn’s research interest includes topics such as the use of digital technologies in educational settings, digital technology and social exclusion, and digital technology and its role in everyday life, Lina Rahm’s research has, among other things, studied the genealogy of the “digital citizen” with a particular focus on adult education.